Old July 16th 18, 07:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default PS CC for iPad?

On Jul 16, 2018, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 7/14/2018 12:52 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Jul 14, 2018, David Taylor wrote
(in article ):

On 14/07/2018 16:15, Savageduck wrote:
It seems that Adobe has plans to release Photoshop CC fo iPad in 2019.
Probably the same plan as with LR CC, free, but to gain the full sync
features a Creative Cloud subscription would be required. Currently I have
the 1TB plan for $14.95/month.

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/07/13/adobe-photoshop-ipad-2019-report/

I wonder how it compares to Affinity Photo - about £20/US$25 once-off
purchase with a 30% discount at the moment....

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/photo/

I haven't used both so I can't comment.

We will only be able to make a true comparison once the proposed version of
PS for the iPad is released. I have both for my Mac, and iPad Pro, and as
capable as Affinity Photo is, on my Mac my preference remains for my LR+PS
workflow.

Affinity Photo (AP) on my iPad Pro, is a better editing/adjusting app than
the combined trio of PS Fix, PS Mix, and PS Express. AP does not have the
asset management, editing, and desktop/laptop syncing capability of LR CC. I
think this PS was an obvious development for Adobe.

If I had to make a choice for a non-Adobe iPad photo editing app it would be
Affinity Photo, or Pixelmator. For an iPad/macOS combo Pixelmator does a
very good job of syncing between iPad and desktop via iCloud. However, my choice
for non-Adobe stuff for my desktop would be Alien Skin Exposure X3, Luminar,
On1 Photo Raw, Pixelmator then AP.

Just to be clear: You have expressed preferences for some very fine post
processing programs. However, you have not tried Topaz, and therefor3e
properly omitted it. As for Luminar, it is an excellent program, I have
tried it on both a Mac OS and a PC. Although Skylum, the publisher,
claims that their programs work equally well on both a MAC and PC, from
my own uses, I don't think the PC version is ready for prime time.
Having said that, for HDR and color mapping I prefer Aurora, despite its
glitches.

To answer the first of your questions, I tried a few of the Topaz plug-ins
about 4 years ago, and they just did not do it for me. I have not been a
Topaz fan ever since. To be fair, things might have changed, but my bias
remains.

Luminar released an update last week which they claim has addressed some
Windows version issues.

https://skylum.com/blog/enhance-your...atest-luminar-
updates

https://www.dpreview.com/news/357095...-1-3-0-update-
brings-many-improvements-new-camera-support

or
https://tinyurl.com/ybrz9uqq

https://www.thephoblographer.com/2018/07/11/luminar-2018-version-1-3-0/

Savageduck