Old June 14th 06, 05:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default picture shot -- what's then ?

Panno Zhai wrote:
Hi there,

I used to have a range of P&S film cameras. I have a Kodak digital
camera with the 4 MP resolution. The resolution is enough for looking
at the pictures on the computer monitor and for putting pictures on
web. Recently I bought a Panasonic LX1 for its manual control and for
its allegedly sharp lens, which had a resolution of 8MP (which is
equivalent to 6 MP resolution of the normal-width picture). I do not
know what to do with the images. There are too many pixels which allow
zooming on the monitor screen which I do not need.

What else can I do with the pictures besides putting them on web (for
which Pana LX1 has excessive resolution) ? Can I print it out in A4 or
even A3 format (6" x 10 " or 12" x 20", respectively) ? This should be
expensive, something like Au$20 for the A4 print. I shoot mainly
landscapes. I can make a poster A3 size and put it on wall in my
room... this sounds boring. What else can I do ?

(Of course, I can put my pics on a pic-hosting website such as
pbase.com, and show to other photographers... however, the LX1
resolution is too high and is not needed for the web-publishing). Help
me ! Thanks.

\/

Almost any image-editing program will let you crop the
images, or reduce the pixel count. But first save all the
original imges on a CD. You may later want to edit them
again for a different purpose. Blank CDs are cheap.