Old September 10th 08, 01:39 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Geoffrey S. Mendelson

Default A new film from Kodak.

John J wrote:
Jean-David Beyer wrote:

They did; it was Kodak Ektar 25, only in 35mm. I asked their salesman at
a photo show when they would be making the stuff in 4x5 hand he said
never. He said that Vericolor whatever was sharp enough for that.

I am confused. I thought Vericolor sheet film was discontinued.

I have a box of some Vericolor once used to make transparencies of
negatives. It's so out of date I wonder why I let it take space in the
deep freeze.

I think he was referring to Ektar 25 when it was first made, in the late
1980's.

Further web searching turned up that Ektar was made in 25, a 100 (100 or 125),
and 1000. At least the 25 was available in 35mm, 120, and to "a few" 4x5.

This was from a discussion in 2005 on web forum, anyone have any hard facts?

Geoff.