Old September 10th 08, 05:59 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Geoffrey S. Mendelson

Default A new film from Kodak.

Jean-David Beyer wrote:
They did; it was Kodak Ektar 25, only in 35mm. I asked their salesman at a
photo show when they would be making the stuff in 4x5 hand he said never. He
said that Vericolor whatever was sharp enough for that.

IMHO Ektar 25mm was the best color film ever made. The results were as
good as Kodachrome and by the time it came out Kodachrome had to be
"sent away" for processing, while any one hour lab could process Ektar 25.

Kodak claimed that the technology behind Ektar 25 was incorporated into
their later ISO 100 color negative film and has found its way into all
of their current offerings. It may be so, but none of them had the "look".

Even in 35mm Ektar 25 never sold enough to a viable product, which is why
it never made it to larger formats.

Wasn't there also an Ektar 100? I seem to remember it existed, but did not
look as good.

Geoff.