Old October 30th 06, 01:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
just bob

Default Epson P-2000/P-5000 head-to-head test results:

"MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote in message
David J. Littleboy wrote:
"MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote:

Rendering full-screen individual images:

RAW files (Canon 5D, 12.8MP files):

P-2000: 8 seconds (painful)
P-5000: 1.2 seconds (!!)

??? I don't understand what you are doing here. On my P2000,
displaying an image full screen takes minimal time (about 1 second).
???

If you're getting 5D images to render that quickly, then it is almost
assuredly due to having already viewed them once previously.

I'm interested to know what Epson claimed for this operation on P-2000. I
doubt you will find "8 seconds" anywhere on their literature and I would be
****ed if I had bought one.

Thanks for your work on this.