Old November 7th 04, 01:56 AM
David Nebenzahl

On 11/6/2004 1:51 PM jjs spake thus:

Aw, this digital argument is getting soooo old.

I'm a Vector fanatic. Anybody wanna argue Vectors vs. Raster? Come on. Make
my day.

Well, ****, that's easy: obviously, vectors are better!

In most cases. I speak semi-seriously since I'm a printer, and dread the times
that someone comes in with a business card design to be printed ... as a
Photoshop file. Bzzzzzt! Wrong format! (If I went ahead and printed it, they'd
say "How come all the type is so fuzzy?") Almost as bad as the folks who want
me to print stuff from Word documents and Powerpoint presentations ... not to
mention Micro$oft Publisher ...

On the other hand, I'd hate to have to process a 20x36" poster of a color
photograph as a vector file: my poor RIP would be grinding away for a week!

--
.... voting for John Kerry now is like voting for LBJ in 1964 with full
precognition of what he was going to do in Vietnam for the next four years.

- Alexander Cockburn in _Counterpunch_
(http://counterpunch.org/cockburn10282004.html)