Old June 18th 18, 10:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

Default X-T2 Focus Stacking Experiment

In article .com,
Savageduck says...

Focus stacking is not something I see myself over using. I want to be
comfortable with the technique for those times it will be a useful solution
for troublesome subjects. I think it is best suited to macro, and some
product photography. I just find that something different like long exposure,
HDR, and IR photography is a way of continuing to learn about different
photography techniques. Each can be useful at different times, and sometimes
can be the best solution to a difficult shooting problem.

I have seen a few Youtube videos where focus stacking has been used for
landscape, and artchitecture photography, so that is next on my focus
stacking test mission.

I've found that you can do it handheld, but for the best results you
should use a tripod.

Regarding landscapes, usually if you choose your focus point properly
you get almost everything in focus anyway (especially if you use a
camera with a not too large senso).
--
Alfred Molon