Old November 8th 04, 06:19 PM
Roger

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 19:08:23 +0200, "DarkRoom ForEver"
wrote:

I'm not the only one thinking this:

http://henrystop.multiservers.com/

According to painters, photography is not art.

Still, art is not determined by the medium, but by the artist.
Owning a camera does not make the photographer an artist just as
owning a paint brush doe not make me an artist. The vast majority of
photographers are not artists.

Art is not determined by the subject, but by the treatment of the
subject by the artist.

Art to an extent is also determined by the viewer. That is not to say
what they consider good or bad, tasteful or distasteful and whether
they like it or not, does or does not make it art

I can paint, I know the rules of composition, but my results at
painting definitely would not be considered art. :-))

I've studied art and photography in college, but the majority of my
photos are indeed not art, nor do I consider them so. OTOH some were
considered good enough to be in juried shows.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
-

bye