Old August 8th 17, 03:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Update on my FF foray

On Aug 8, 2017, Paul Carmichael wrote
(in article ):

My dealings with Rhinocamera were a nightmare. Not to be repeated. However, I
finally got my money back and the 6d mkii just arrived from Canon Europe.

That is one good thing, but you lost an opportunity to switch from Canon.

First thing I discover is that Shuttercount doesn't work with it. It just
dies.

Hmm... that doesn’t sound promising. Better send it back while it is still
under warranty.

EOS camera utility doesn't recognise it either. So no live view with the
laptop. Will look for an updated version. No software came with the body. And only a quick
start manual which tells me how to take a photo.

The X-T2 does laptop tethering with minimal hassle.

My shutter cable is no use as it doesn't have a socket for it.

The X-T2 can use the Fujifilm micro USB, the Canon mini-plug, an old school
cable shutter release, or WiFi remote release with an app on iOS, or Android
device.

Have to work now, but will be venturing out later this week to play.

Have fun, and share some of the results.

Forking out over 2000€ hurt a bit. Good job I just cashed in my pension
pot. Oh...

I have been telling you that you should have considered a switch to a Fujifim
X-T2, but you have established your commitment to Canon. Switching systems
can be tough, it took a whole bunch of head scratching to take the leap from
Nikon to Fujifilm.

Savageduck