Old February 9th 05, 07:20 PM
Scharf-DCA

ct wrote:

I need help selecting a camera that will be used primarilty to take
pictures of items that I want to sell on ebay. I typically sell
medium sized items such as guitars, monitors, and such. There is no
need for the pictures to be highly detailed. What camera should I
get? Price is the most important factor in this purchase.

For a new camera, get the $145 Canon A400
"http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002OGJJA/sanfrancisc0b-20?"

I would not go below this if buying new, you want the optical zoom and
AF assist lamp, and this is the least expensive camera with these two
features.

One step up from that is the Canon A85, for $190,
"http://buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=CNPSA85"

Even the 2Mp Canon A60 would have been fine, and it was selling for
$100, but it's discontinued, and goes for more than $100 on the used
market. Ditto for the discontinued A75, which was going for around $150.