Old April 9th 08, 10:02 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alienjones[_3_]

Default missing cache of stolen photos - gone missing!

Paul Furman wrote:
Alienjones wrote:

link: http://members.aol.com/annika1980

~From AOL Hometown...
~ Sorry, We Can't Find That Page
You might try retyping the URL, or searching below

How did this happen?
A notice under the Digital Millennium Copyright act was served on AOL
precisely 13 days before Bret Douglas' site harboring illegally obtained
photographs disappeared.

That entire site was set up strictly to mock you & I had nothing to do
with it. Nothing like the three crops I posted to clarify a usenet
discussion about technical photography issues. I only leave them up
because you keep insinuating they are proof of thievery, so that anyone
can see that they are commentary snippets like quoting a reply here. I
don't expect there will be any reason to add to this topic.

So post a link to them.

I warned you if you kept them there, I would take legal action against
you. The DMCA was set up to protect the rights of both professional and
amateur photographers from images thieves like you.

Just like Bret Douglas, you thought my threats of legal action were just
hot air. They are and were very real. The time for your complacency is
long past.

Your host was served with papers last week. If my intellectual property
is still on your site in 5 more days, who do you think your host will
sue to recover their penalties from?

Don't continue with your present behavior. It will only send you broke
in a court settlement. I have adopted a zero tolerance policy to people
like you. If your host hasn't already removed my property from your
site, do it now and save yourself some real pain and expense.

Before you try to defend yourself, read up on what is and is not fair
use. Using my photos in an attempt to discredit me is not fair use.
Leaving them there is just further incrimination of your illegal use of
them.

--

from Douglas,
If my PGP key is missing, the