Old May 21st 14, 05:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Opinions Wanted

On Wed, 21 May 2014 00:14:14 -0400, Tony Cooper
wrote:

On Wed, 21 May 2014 16:11:02 +1200, Eric Stevens
wrote:

On Wed, 21 May 2014 00:01:20 -0400, Tony Cooper
wrote:

On Wed, 21 May 2014 15:46:16 +1200, Eric Stevens
wrote:

Some years ago I used my trusty D70 to take a photograph of a west
coast bay in rough conditions. Recently I've been trying to arrive at
a composition suitable for printing on matte paper in A2 size and
suitable for framing and hanging on a wall.

My present problem is that every member of my family has a different
idea of the best composition and in an attempt to bring peace I have
made three different versions. That hasn't really helped as I now have
three different sets of strong opinions.

I know that computer monitors are not ideal for viewing and proofing
prints of this kind but I am interested in gathering the opinions of
anyone in this newsgroup who is bold enough to state one. You can find
a JPG of each version in:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ok28ebd3p...M2OQuylz7CgFza

I'd go with #2, but it's your photo.

Why not three framed versions, each in a different room?

Open plan house. Effectively only the one suitable room. :-)

The cost is in the frame and the matting, not the print. Print all
three and change what's in the frame once a month.

The glass is the most expensive item.

Eric Stevens