Old October 23rd 09, 10:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.photo
Troy Piggins[_31_]

Default Jupiter

* Rich wrote :
On Oct 23, 11:43Â*am, Troy Piggins wrote:
[---=| Quote block shrinked by t-prot: 14 lines snipped |=---]
tweaking of the collimation which should give a sharper image.
Will have to try that next time, haven't done it before.

You need at least 25,000mm to really shoot Jupiter. Nice shot at
5000mm though.

Anthony Wesley, the guy who discovered the that most recent
impact scar on Jupiter, takes these sort of shots with an
effective focal length of around 9000mm.

http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/a...4&d=1256210105

I'd be extremely happy if I can get anywhere near as good as
that. Have you ever tried to image with something of the sort of
focal lengths you're suggesting with back-yard amatuer gear? I'd
love to see examples.

--
Troy Piggins