Old April 17th 09, 02:56 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,uk.rec.photo.misc
Savageduck

Default Faster and better pictures in PS CS4

On 2009-04-16 18:17:56 -0700, "k" said:

"Savageduck" wrote in message
| On 2009-04-13 09:38:26 -0700, "k" said:
|

| "nospam" wrote in message
| | In article , pupick
| | wrote:
| |
| | The way CS4 taps the GPU is underwhelming at best.
| |
| | it's actually quite impressive. apparently you aren't aware of what
it
| | can do.
|

| is it 3D rendering?
|
| Here take a look at this: http://tv.adobe.com/#vi+f15629v1001

thanks, yes - 3D rendering.

not impressed.

Interpolating images for viewing *while I'm editing* is the silliest idea
ever. and moves the software along with the modern video cards further away
from being graphics editing cards than ever before

There's a reason image editing programs other than Adobe zoomed by factors,
it was to avoid interpolating.

There are somethings I like about CS4 and some I have to still get
familiar with. I am using the Standard version,
I don't need or use the 3D or video stuff.

Overall It works pretty well for me. I am using it on a PowerBook Pro
17 2.93G with the dual switchable option NVIDIA GeForce 9400M and 9600M
GT.

Savageduck