Old August 31st 08, 02:39 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography
BlackShadow

Default Please explain?

Chris H wrote:
In message , BlackShadow
writes
Usenet Police wrote:
In article ,
BlackShadow wrote:

Reporting a possible crime is not actionable. If it goes further it
will be the Police who make the decision and I doubt they are likely
to be sued for defamation.

They could prosecute for wasting police time.

How? They are not being forced to act on deliberately false information?
They make the decision to act or not based on what you provide them. All
that I have provided them is well documented in Google.

Interestingly, after an "off the record" conversation this morning
with a member of an organisation called "Police Task Force Argos"
about this matter, I was told that non-paedophiles, in Police
experience, are so uncomfortable with paedophilia that they won't use
the term, even joking or as a term of abuse.

They the Police person has little of no experience of Internet news
groups. It may be the case in Australia but on the 'net you find a lot
of very childish abuse goes on.

They have vast experience, why do you think that they have initiated so
many successful prosecutions internationally? Don't you read news headlines?

The nice lady Police Officer tells me that true paedophiles do tend to
use it a lot to offend other people.

That does not fit with information I have.

I am sure that there is an almost unaccountable number of things that don't
fir the information that you have.

That conversation will continued on Monday afternoon. She, and a
couple of her compatriots are coming to visit and have a chat about
the matter, but this time it will be "on the record".

I think you are wasting a lot of police resourses pointlessly.

It is their decision. They have initiated successful investigations based
on similar newsgroup data.

Of even more interest is the fact that Police forces have an
international cooperative agreement to aid each other in
investigations of this nature.

Only to a point

No, it is to the point where shared resources no longer require political
intervention or legal requests or warrants.

The US Police won't ignore a request from the Australian Police to
investigate someone if it gets to that stage.

They are quite likely to.

They never have yet. They may decide that there is not point in furthering
the investigation, but not until they have had a close look. They don't do
what TV cops do and work on "hunches".

The US LEA and government have refused direct
requests for evidence on multiple homicide investigations.

This is nothing to do with homicide and I doubt that your claim is true.
Australia and the US have had several recent high profile cooperations on
homicide's.

Do you know what one of the first things the Police do is? They have a
list of all WEB and FTP addresses, plus peer to peer IP addresses that
have been known to support child porn or other (violent rape,
bestiality) porn and they run a check to see using their suspect's ISP
records to see whether the suspect has ever visited those sites. If
they have, then the hunt is definitely on. This is a very interesting
experience for me, I'm getting to meet some very interesting people
and learn about some interesting techniques.

Why are you so interested in pedophilia?

I am interested in seeing accusations of paedophilia that are probably
unfounded, but just *might* be true, incessantly bandied about in
newsgroups that by nature are hobby and family oriented.

Annika might be just a maggot with no sense of decorum plus a foul mouth
and mind, but I have seen enough of his posts to be damned sure that I
don't want him looking at images of my daughters or wife. Noons is also
foul mouthed and abusive, but he is the one being provoked by Annika by
attacks on his daughter and character etc.

I think that based on performance, Annika is far more likely to be a
paedophile than noons, but then I am not an investigator with the time or
resources to make that determination. The Police can and will. He has made
comments about a very young girl's physical attributes that most men,
certainly fathers, would not dream of doing. Unless of course they really
were paedophiles. Regardless of whether he is a paedophile or not, he is as
about appealing as a puddle of dog's vomit to any decent father of young girls.

Now do you understand my interest?

BlackShadow