Old August 31st 08, 10:48 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography
Chris H

Default Please explain?

In message , BlackShadow
writes
Usenet Police wrote:
In article ,
BlackShadow wrote:

Reporting a possible crime is not actionable. If it goes further it
will be the Police who make the decision and I doubt they are likely to
be sued for defamation.

They could prosecute for wasting police time.

Interestingly, after an "off the record" conversation this morning with
a member of an organisation called "Police Task Force Argos" about this
matter, I was told that non-paedophiles, in Police experience, are so
uncomfortable with paedophilia that they won't use the term, even
joking or as a term of abuse.

They the Police person has little of no experience of Internet news
groups. It may be the case in Australia but on the 'net you find a lot
of very childish abuse goes on.

The nice lady Police Officer tells me that true paedophiles do tend to
use it a lot to offend other people.

That does not fit with information I have.

That conversation will continued on Monday afternoon. She, and a
couple of her compatriots are coming to visit and have a chat about the
matter, but this time it will be "on the record".

I think you are wasting a lot of police resourses pointlessly.

Of even more interest is the fact that Police forces have an
international cooperative agreement to aid each other in investigations
of this nature.

Only to a point

The US Police won't ignore a request from the Australian Police to
investigate someone if it gets to that stage.

They are quite likely to. The US LEA and government have refused direct
requests for evidence on multiple homicide investigations.

Do you know what one of the first things the Police do is? They have a
list of all WEB and FTP addresses, plus peer to peer IP addresses that
have been known to support child porn or other (violent rape,
bestiality) porn and they run a check to see using their suspect's ISP
records to see whether the suspect has ever visited those sites. If
they have, then the hunt is definitely on. This is a very interesting
experience for me, I'm getting to meet some very interesting people and
learn about some interesting techniques.

Why are you so interested in pedophilia?