Old May 29th 08, 11:08 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David Kilpatrick

Default Chopped OVF for Sony A350

Alan Browne wrote:
Focus wrote:

Then you also have to do some trimming on the Sony cup to make it fit.
To keep the eye starter to work, you also need to trim a bit at the
bottom of the Nikon: just take some away, try if it work, take some
away again, etc.
http://photos-of-portugal.com/Eye2.JPG

There you go: perfect OVF with a 17% bigger view. Believe me: that's
much!
Any questions: just ask.

I admire your handiwork. However, this is the nice thing with the
higher end Minolta's (Sony's): the viewfinder is brighter and has higher
contrast than the lower end models like the -350.

This mainly due to a prism instead of a mirror box.

Of course you can also fit the magnifier to the higher end cameras - it
then produces a superb size of viewing image. I have the Olympus ME-53
magnifier which is 1.2X instead of the 1.17X for the Nikon, but it need
a lot more work to make it fit.

David

--
Icon Publications Ltd, Maxwell Place, Maxwell Lane, Kelso TD5 7BB
Company Registered in England No 2122711. Registered Office 12 Exchange