Old May 29th 08, 11:07 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David Kilpatrick

Default Chopped OVF for Sony A350

Focus wrote:
"David Kilpatrick" wrote in message

And on the A350 you can always just switch to live view, viewfinder blind
comes over and you get 1200-zone evaluative metering read from the focus
screen - with alarming accuracy.

David

Can you elaborate on that? I don't quite understand.
Do you mean the metering in liveview is different than with the OVF?

And how is it alarming?

Yes, in evaulative (matrix) mode only. In centre weighted and spot, you
get the normal system. In matrix mode, the CCD video sensor does the
metering instead, and of course you never get overexposure (it's like a
bridge camera metering in that respect) and there is therefore no need
for the camera to underexpose slightly, which the A350 tends to do with
regular metering just to make best use of dynamic range (9.2 stops at
ISO 100 according to Anders Uschold in the BJP yesterday).

With Live View Matrix metering, you get 1200 colour sensitive points and
the live view image perfectly matches the final output in terms of the
live histogram, as well. with LV metering there really is no need ever
to think about bracketing, it's like using the KM A2 (which I still use
occasionally).

David

--
Icon Publications Ltd, Maxwell Place, Maxwell Lane, Kelso TD5 7BB
Company Registered in England No 2122711. Registered Office 12 Exchange