Old May 31st 21, 04:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne[_2_]

Default Apple Macs: Can't upgrade, can barely repair them.

On 2021-05-31 10:55, RichA wrote:
On Sunday, 30 May 2021 at 15:17:17 UTC-4, Alfred Molon wrote:
Am 29.05.2021 um 16:30 schrieb Alan Browne:
Yep just like many all-in-one computers from various companies.

With the one I'm using now, I can upgrade the RAM, the SSD and the 3.5" HDD.
--
Alfred Molon

I loved where people who might want to increase/upgrade ram or a CPU are called, "geeks" by
Apple-sheep.

I've upgraded RAM on several Macs including this one, Macs at work, etc.

CPU's are another matter, but on most Mac Pros it is certainly doable.

It's theoretically possible to upgrade a 2020 i7 iMac to i9. No reports
that I can find that anyone actually did it.

There are a couple guys who managed to upgrade the RAM on an M1 Mac
Mini, but that is way beyond most people's skill set - and requires the
right sort of equipment to do it reliably.

IAC, I will order my new Mac with ample RAM for a 10 year run.

--
"...there are many humorous things in this world; among them the white
man's notion that he is less savage than the other savages."