Old September 19th 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Richard Knoppow

Default CLA - who besides Grimes and Flutot?

"Steve Goldstein" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend any US sources for LF shutter CLA
besides
SKGrimes and Flutot's? Grimes are good but a bit pricey,
Flutot's
good, less expensive, but temporarily not accepting work.

Thx.

steve

To reply by direct email you'll need to excise the
3-letter food item.

I can't vouch for the following personally (do my own
shutters) but they have good reputations:

Paul Ebel

420 21st N
P.O. Box 141
Menomonie, WI 54751

The Focal Point
John Van Stelten
1017 South Boulder Road
Suite E-1
Louisville, CO 80027-0027
Tel.- 303-665-6640
Fax - 303-665-3803
http://www.411web.com/F/FOCALPOINT/

John mostly repairs lenses but I think he also does
shutters.

Ken Ruth
Photography on Bald Mountain
Davenport, CA

831-423-4465
Phone calls Wed & Thur 9-5 and Fri 9-Noon.
http://www.baldmtn.com/

Not cheap but very good.

John F. DeLoach at

John does Rolleiflex's but may also do general shutter
repair.

There are probably others.
Most photo retailers do not have their own shops and farm
out repair work.

Keep in mind that some shutters are difficult to repair
because parts are not available.

--
---
Richard Knoppow