Old November 26th 06, 10:41 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
G.T.

Default Minimal software to download Canon PowerShot to Mac?

emelvy wrote:
G.T. wrote:
Mike Rosenberg wrote:
Easy, buy a card reader and use none of the Canon, or Apple, software.
Even without a card reader, you can configure the Mac not to open iPhoto
or any app when a camera is connected, and it'll just mount the card as
an external volume.

Most Canons don't do USB mass storage.

Greg

Canon's CameraWindow (at least the version I have, 6.0.0.6) supports
transfers from USB card readers.

That's great but no help whatsoever to the original poster.

Greg

--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine