Old May 10th 16, 07:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

Default A SOOC JPEG vs RAW Comparison

In article 2016050216435780324-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom, Savageduck
says...

All the various Fuji oriented sites have gone on, and on at how good
the JPEGs are straight out of the camera (SOOC) with the Fuji X-Series.
I have been shooting RAW+JPEG, but up until this weekend I have not
bothered to even look at the JPEGs. So when I did just that with my
Triathlon bikers shots from Saturday I was quite surprised to see just
how good the SOOC JPEGs were, and beyond a crop they did not need any
adjustment, and could be shared as shot. Needless to say the RAW files
needed all the help post could give them. So here is a side-by-side
comparison of an unadjusted RAW and SOOC JPEG.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/FileChute/screenshot_79a.jpg

That comparison made, I suspect that there are going to be quite a
number of my future shots where I will share some SOOC JPEGs as the
camera cooks them.

Out of camera JPEGs have been very good in a number of cameras already
for a while, which is why I always shoot RAW+JPEG because then I can
choose whether to use the OOC JPEG or the post-processed RAW.
--
Alfred Molon