Old February 22nd 11, 05:35 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Pete[_9_]

Default DL in the field

On 2011-02-21 23:25:46 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

At one stage my business owned an early Cromemco computer the power
supply of which was equipped with capacitors the size of bean cans.
There was a lot of construction work going on in the district and one
day we experienced a power supply glitch long enough to cause all the
fluorescent lights go out and then have to go through their restart
procedure. The large capacitors of the old Cromemco enabled it to just
sail right on through all of this even though it was running three
users at the time.

Now that's what I call a power supply. Most products have a "sour
supply": a half second glitch and they shut down; acidic comments
follow...

--
Pete