Old February 17th 11, 12:59 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Justice

Default DL in the field

"Bill Graham" wrote in message
news

"Alan Justice" wrote in message
m...
I just (finally) got my first digital camera (Canon 1D M4) (!). (I sell

my
images to
magazines and as prints at art fairs and galleries.) I can record 44 GB
on
my 3 compact flash disks. (I just shoot raw: ~25 MB files). That's

fine
for local shooting, but on a road trip, I'll need more space. (I once
took
28 rolls of film in one day = 1k images. Digital promises the

possibility
of many more.) I'd like reccommendations on what else I need to buy.

Minimum requirement is just downloading to a larger disk, or more CF
cards.
Ideally, I could also review the images that day, back at the motel or
campground (a 3" LCD is only so good, although I also need some

experience
to see how much I can rely on it.) to see if I
need to reshoot some. For that, I assume I need a notebook. Or is

there
something cheaper that will just allow image review? Other options?

--
Alan Justice
http://home.earthlink.net/~wildlifepaparazzi/

--
Alan Justice
http://home.earthlink.net/~wildlifepaparazzi/

Be able to charge your camera's, (and laptop's) batteries from your car
cigarette lighter as you go.

Yeah, I have that. I'll need an extra camera battery, even though they
charge in only 2 hr, at least in my house. Thanks.