Old September 29th 08, 05:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
+FUCK YOU

Default 1080p OK as a PC monitor?

well if u do use the lcd hdtv as ur monitor make sure that u r using the
hdmi ports. on the monitor. u can buy a dvi to hdmi converter very cheap

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
Bob Williams wrote:
Some of the current crop of LCD HDTV sets have resolutions of 1080p
(typically 1920 x 1080 pixels) and some ALSO have PC inputs.
It it practical, for example, to use a 37" LCD HDTV set with a resolution
of 1080p, as my PC monitor?
Would PS images still be acceptably sharp on a 37" screen?
If so, that would be way cool because I plan to get a 37" LCD HDTV for
Christmas anyway. I could then just hook up my PC to it and have a killer
browser and PS workspace.

My monitor is 1920 x 1200 with a diagonal of about 24". It sits about 21"
from my nose. At that I have pivot my head a bit ... which is probably a
good thing...

As to using your 37" HDTV as a monitor, I wouldn't do that even if the
resolution is fine enough. My computers are in my office, my widescreen
TV is in another room with the amp and 6.1 speaker system...

Two worlds apart as far as I'm concerned...

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.