Old September 19th 08, 12:40 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Noons

Default DYNAMIC RANGE LOVES THE 40D!

Scott W wrote,on my timestamp of 17/09/2008 4:56 PM:

Velvia 50 6x6? Now that would fill the screen alright.

It does:http://wizofoz2k.deviantart.com/journal/20107727/

Down size that by a factor of 2 and you have one sharp image.

yeah, sure...

At full resolution it is a bit soft.

ANY digitised image at full resolution
is a "bit soft"! Any other pearls of
idiocy you'd like to share?

An easy test, down size to half and back up, not much difference at
all.

yeah su downsize and upsize a "lossless" file like jpg?
Are you for real or you think everyone is an idiot?

I will point out that the output of DSLRs is not perfectly sharp
either, and will shrapen up with a bit of down sizing, but the limit
for most DSLRs is down sizing by to about 70% or so.

Sure. Try this:
http://wizofoz2k.deviantart.com/journal/20548136/
****: there goes the 5d2 rez, eh?

Put it all together and I figure you image would roughly match a DSLR
that had about 25 MP, and a really good lens.

BWAHAHAHA!
Any other bull**** you'd like to propose?

This is still very impressive, just not 72MP impressive.

Nevertheless, it sucks that it is 72MP, doesn't it?
And no amount of crappola from the likes of you
is gonna change that.

Of course when comparing a 6x6 camera to a DSLR it all comes down to
what aspect ratio you want, if you what 1:1 then the DSLR is going to
have to crop out 33% of its pixels, if you want 2:3 then the 6x6
camera is going to have to crop out 33% of its pixels.

wouldn't that be why I provided a cropped image as well?
Or did you miss that little detail in your haste?