Old February 18th 08, 06:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
H.S.[_2_]

Default How to add EXIF date from file-date

John Navas wrote:
On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 21:26:18 -0800, Matt Ion wrote
in :

l v wrote:
Lars-Erik Østerud wrote:
I have a huge amount JPG photos WITHOUT EXIF date indo.
But it seens like the PS3 only uses EXIF date for sorting.

Så all images without EXIF date ends up in the current
year and month (like "FEB 2008" or "2008") when sorting.

I have the original date in the files "date modified",
but need a program then can create the EXIF date info
from the file-date. But I can only find the opposite :-(

Anyone know how to copy the file-date to the EXIF date
for several 1000 JPG files in an easy way? Please?
What operating system?

I find that almost universally, it's the non-Windows users who are
intelligent enough to provide OS information. Your typical Windows
(l)user doesn't understand that not all computers run on Windows. Thus
it's safe to assume that we're dealing with some version of Windows here.

It's a matter of market share, not intelligence.
Insulting Windows users does you no credit.

Rephrased:
Non-windows users are more aware of what they are dealing with and tend
to provide relevant information when asking questions here. Most Windows
users, however, take it for guaranteed that everyone else is using
Windows too. They are as likely to be completely ignorant of any other
kinds of OSes as well.