Old December 5th 07, 12:06 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

Default film quality for different speeds

On Dec 4, 6:00 pm, "H.S." wrote:
wrote:

Do you want to use black and white or color film?

Color. Sorry I missed that.

It's hard to come by, here anyways, but 400-speed Portra films are
great.
Fuji Reala 400 is a decent film as well.
For b&w, Ilford Delta 400 professional has silky smooth tonal range
and ultra-fine grain.
I know you mentioned they are not for professional use, but you do
want great quality pics.

Yes! Thanks.

-HS Helen

There are many more knowledgable than I on this group, but I was
always pleased with the results using the films I suggested.