Old August 11th 04, 11:18 PM
David J Taylor

Default Which Would You Pick . . .

Petr wrote:
The pictures from the 5700 were compared to a Canon pro 1 and I much
preffered the canon. That is from personal experience. However, I
ended up with a D70 so there is really no comparison between that and
any of the compacts. What type of photos do you take with your
Coolpix? "David J Taylor"

Thanks for that, Petr. I have ruled out a DSLR on weight, bulk and costs
grounds (even though I used to use a Nikon SLR). A lot of these
preferences can depend on in-camera defaults for sharpness, contrast,
colour balance etc.

I take a whole variety of shots of events (conferences, holidays,
personalities etc.) with my camera, but nothing with a tripod. Daytime,
evening nights, indoors and out. Very general. For macro I would
probably stick with my Nikon 990. I very rarely make prints, though, all
my viewing is on computer screens. I have had my shots published, but
just to illustrate a conference report.

Cheers,
David