Old May 5th 07, 06:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Furman

Default Nikon Extension Tubes [was Help me pick...]

Robert Brace wrote:

Paul Furman wrote:

Robert Brace wrote:

I don't think the PN-11 has been made for some time.

They don't appear to make *any* extension tubes these days:
http://www.nikonusa.com/template.php?cat=1&grp=5

Paul:
I have never seen a Nikon extension tube that allows aperture control with G
lenses.

Damn. I guess it's just a PITA geek thing anyways.

Some 3rd party ones do (like Kenko).

Too flimsy for big lenses.

It's a shame as it would sure
help flexibility. Nikon's backwardness in the area of compatibility with
some "accessory" attachments has been well known for years to those of us
who have used them since the original F days (and wish they'd held on to
some of those original bodies)!
I thought Nikon still made the PK11A, PK12 & PK13, but the US site doesn't
mention them nor does the "search" function bring up anything.
Perhaps EBay?
Bob

--
Paul Furman Photography