Old May 4th 07, 03:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Furman

Default Nikon Extension Tubes [was Help me pick...]

Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:

Paul Furman wrote:

The article I linked above reinforces what I've heard that the Kenko
tubes do give you all the goodies but they are flimsy and probably not
wise with the big heavy lenses where you'd need the whole set stacked.

You're right! I stacked a whole set of Kenko tubes behind my 70-200 and
it had as much articulation as a freaken Lensbaby. The Kenko tubes are
really nice, but I wouldn't get too excited about them on larger lenses.

I've got the solution. Get a TC-20E & bust the glass out of it! I'm
serious, if you could find one with a nasty scratch for cheap... it's
about 55mm long & has everything you need for coupling. Looking at mine,
the aperture coupling occupies quite a lot of space so it's likely there
would be vignetting. That may be the reason they don't make such a thing.

--
Paul Furman Photography
http://www.edgehill.net/1