Old May 3rd 07, 06:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David Ruether

Default Help me pick out a lens for the Nikon D80

"Robert Brace" wrote in message news:TKMZh.151789$aG1.107260@pd7urf3no...

And let's not forget the Nikon PN-11 originally made to take one of the earlier Micro-Nikkors out to 1:1 as I recall. It is a
52.5mm auto extension ring complete with an integral tripod mount.
Extremely useful with any current Micro-Nikkor (and others) to extend the reproduction ratio. I find it works especially well
with my 200mm Micro-Nikkor when paired with the RRS 87-B mounting which locks the whole shebang into one Arca-Swiss
quick-mountable unit. The 87-B also can act as a focusing slider, so you don't have to play with your reproduction ratio during
focus.

I have a PN-11 (and maybe a suitable RRS plate) available
if anyone is interested...
--
David Ruether

http://www.donferrario.com/ruether