Old May 1st 07, 02:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
C J Campbell

Default Help me pick out a lens for the Nikon D80

On 2007-04-30 17:58:11 -0700, (DoN. Nichols) said:

According to Rita Ä Berkowitz ritaberk2O04 @aol.com:
Neil Harrington wrote:
Attribution missing -- presumably trimmed by Neil.

[ ... ]

As for the front element falling off, it is a legitimate complaint
and very
common. If you don't believe me just check the front of your 18-200.

I've just checked the front of mine and I'm happy to report it isn't
falling off. When is this supposed to happen? Where are the reports
of this "very common" complaint?

Try again with a spanner wrench and tell me you aren't getting a 1/4
revolution of travel to tighten it up.

How many people have an appropriate spanner wrench in their
home? I've got one, but I like to work on almost anything. And if Neil
lives in the UK, the more common interpretation of "spanner" there is an
open-end wrench, not the specialized wrench needed for adjusting lens
assemblies.

Enjoy,
DoN.

Besides which, none of us are going to disassemble our lenses just so
Rita can say they came apart. How do we know her experiments haven't
damaged her lens? Rita is beginning to sound like the fox that lost his
tail.
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor