Old May 1st 07, 01:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
DoN. Nichols

Default Help me pick out a lens for the Nikon D80

According to Rita Ä Berkowitz ritaberk2O04 @aol.com:
Neil Harrington wrote:
Attribution missing -- presumably trimmed by Neil.

[ ... ]

As for the front element falling off, it is a legitimate complaint
and very
common. If you don't believe me just check the front of your 18-200.

I've just checked the front of mine and I'm happy to report it isn't
falling off. When is this supposed to happen? Where are the reports
of this "very common" complaint?

Try again with a spanner wrench and tell me you aren't getting a 1/4
revolution of travel to tighten it up.

How many people have an appropriate spanner wrench in their
home? I've got one, but I like to work on almost anything. And if Neil
lives in the UK, the more common interpretation of "spanner" there is an
open-end wrench, not the specialized wrench needed for adjusting lens
assemblies.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564