Old April 30th 07, 11:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alexander Arnakis

Default Help me pick out a lens for the Nikon D80

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 22:46:21 +0100, "Adrian Boliston"
wrote:

When I can afford it I will possibly get a nice compact D40 as a second body
and a 20/2.8 & 85/1.8 to cover wider & longer shots without having to switch
lenses. I initially sold my kit 18-70 lens and got the 17-55 (now also
sold) but this was such a heavy & massive beast and seemed to draw a lot of
attention as other photographers would often ask me about it, but I prefer
the discreetness of the tiny 35/2.

You know, of course, that these lenses won't autofocus with the D40.

If you're content with manual focus, an even more compact choce would
be the 45mm f/2.8P. This supports autoexposure on the D40.