Old July 15th 04, 02:07 AM
Larry R Harrison Jr

Default Sunpak 433AF With Nikon N65/Coolpix 5700

I will be using a Sunpak 433AF flash with a Nikon N65--and also possibly a
Nikon Coolpix 5700.

My brother-in-law will be getting married in a couple of months, that is
what this is for.

In fact, what I'm bidding on eBay actually are TWO Sunpak 433AFs with
Lumiquest Softboxes. Naturally they're Nikon-mount.

I am aware that the N65 offers (non-3D) Matrix TTL flash and that these
units probably will be conventional TTL flash.

My questions a

(1) The flash has a variable power ratio. Does this NOT work in regular TTL
mode? Does it just work in full-blast manual mode, the "classic" auto modes,
or what?

(2) If they do not, is there a way to regulate the flash's power with the
N65? I realize the N80 (a camera I love) does have flash exposure
compensation, so does my Coolpix 5700. Is there a way to make the N65 do it
given its lack of flash compensation?

(3) I assume the flashes are powered on AA batteries. I have some I-C3 2000
mAH batteries. Would that speed up recycling time? If not, what methods can
speed up recycling time?

(4) Does this flash have any slave features?

Thanks
LRH