Old November 21st 06, 06:26 PM posted to rec.photo.film+labs
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Default really no purpose anymore for traditional films (negative or diapositve) (by 2006) ?

jeremy wrote:

I am beginning to think that it is time to buy a good inkjet printer and do
it myself. OFOTO/Kodak Gallery has been producing prints that are not of
their former quality, and delivery on my last 3 orders has taken between 2-3
weeks, from their plant in California to my home in Philadelphia.

Maybe it's time to stop relying upon others and to just do it myself. I
haven't followed the printer market, but I suspect I'll check out Epson, as
they seem to have the best reputation. I never thought I'd consider
printing my own, but this nonsense of waiting long times and then getting
consumer-quality results is becoming unacceptable.

Most prints made at home with anywhere near lab quality results runs $0.45 to
$1.00 per print, excluding the initial investment of the printer. That is not
cheap, so consider your options and your needs before you commit.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse