Old November 21st 06, 03:35 PM posted to rec.photo.film+labs
Philip Homburg

Default really no purpose anymore for traditional films (negative or diapositve) (by 2006) ?

In article x_C8h.2752$w37.693@trnddc08,
babelfish wrote:
I'm going to write up a web
page with the description and more charts for anyone who's interested.
Unfortunately, the number of people who care about such things and are
willing to pay for it are a quickly vanishing breed. My more realistic
choices are to reduce our standards and prices to what everyone else does or
else close the lab. Not good choices. After thirty years of striving for
excellence I've arrived at the point where sadly, there's no market for it.

The advantage of digital printing is that you can order prints from any lab
as long as shipping shots remain reasonable.

The problem I have is that other than word of mouth, there is no way to
find a good lab, because they can't bothered to tell you what they do.