Old January 30th 18, 01:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default How badly do you want to get beaten up for crappy, inane video?

In article , Bill W
wrote:

The first thing I did with my new laptop was to put silver ducting
tape over the camera and microphone. THEN I turned it on.

That seems to be a tad paranoid. Doing that will preclude using
communications apps such as Skype, or FaceTime (not Facebook). You are
better
off actually understanding your computer than gunging up your laptop with
duct tape.

Do you even know where the microphones are located in your laptop?

If you want to disable your mics, consider doing that via your system
preferences, and there are less damaging ways to obscure the camera, and
still have it available when needed.

If he's using Windows, he shouldn't have to do anything. All that
stuff will stop working all by itself.

+1