Old December 22nd 06, 07:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill A

Default Problems Reading SD Card with XtraDrive USB Reader

Well, I was fortunate enough to find another solution.

When I returned the XtraDrive to Office Depot this afternoon for a
refund (they had sold it to me for $8.00), I discovered that they were
selling the Ativa Universal 10 in 1 Memory Card Reader/Writer for
$10.00. So for only $2.00 more I got the Ativa reader, and it works
fine, reading my 128MB Secure Digital Card. The only drawback is that
it is not as small and compact as the XtraDrive Reader. The Ativa Card
reader is as large as my digital camera!
But at least it works correctly.

--- Bill Angel
Baltimore, Maryland