Old June 11th 21, 01:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Sick of pie in the sky technology

In article , Incubus
wrote:

I remember when they told us this insane idea that an LP could be shrunk into
the size not much bigger than a coaster, would store more data and would never
skip with a better signal to noise ratio. Then they told us that one day we
would carry around computers that would fit into the palm of our hands. They
even told us that everything would be connected and we could seek knowledge
with just a few button presses.

when did they tell us that?

i remember when they said there is no reason for people to have a
computer in their home, that 640 kb is all anyone needs, that the
internet is a fad and that the iphone had to be a fake since it was
impossible to put a full computer inside such a small device.