Old May 17th 17, 01:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Diesel

Default Where I keep my spare cats.

PeterN news Tue, 16 May 2017 23:24:44 GMT in rec.photo.digital, wrote:

http://bughunter.it-mate.co.uk/bdemail1.zip

1. Nobody with any sense will open an unknown zip file.

Opening a .zip file is a harmful act is it? I don't think you'll find
much to support that conclusion; aside from those who've used
vulnerable archiving tools, that is.

The trick is, not clicking on an exe/pdf, etc, that might be inside.
In this case, it's a straight txt file, with the appropriate
extension, so Windows won't be fooled into 'executing' it for you.
The .zip file itself is created with PKZIP v2.0.4g as well; it has no
'exploit' options to dupe whatever archiving tool you use.

And, one can always check the domain the .zip is hosted on, if
they're concerned about it's possible contents. Or the trust issue.

I'm an expert malware researcher, BugHunter is my program, and that's
BugHunters domain. It would take a second to remove the .zip from the
url and load the url without it and check that for yourself. Easy.

Further, I'm also a former employee of Malwarebytes Corporation;
employed as, an expert malware researcher. Perhaps you've heard of
it? So, you see, I'd have nothing to gain by planting malware of any
kind on your machine or anyone elses, but, a whole lot to lose by
doing so.

2. This has nothing to do with photography. IOW nobody gives a
****. Life is to short. It's your problem deal with it.

I was simply giving you and others a friendly heads up concerning
David Brooks. The final decision and consequences lie with you and
them, not me. If you think he's harmless, by all means continue to
think so. Ignorance is bliss, so I'm told.