Old December 12th 08, 05:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,aus.photo
Stephen Bishop

Default Nikon D3x buyers beware - D700x already in prototype

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 11:07:00 -0600, larry mallon
wrote:

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 06:54:46 -0800, SMS wrote:

Stephen Bishop wrote:

Yet the Nikon gear is still capable of better image quality than any
Olympus. Look at any camera review online. Maybe the clerk knows
more than you think?

Also, the store's margins on off-brand equipment like Olympus, Pentax,
and Minolta were always higher than the margins on Canon and Nikon. If
the clerk was trying to dissuade someone from buying Olympus, you had a
clerk that was interested in selling the customer the better choice, not
the one with the highest margin. Yet there probably was some
self-interest on the clerks part, because they realized that a Nikon
buyer would be a long term customer, coming back for more lenses and
accessories in the future.

So speaks someone who has ZERO experience with Olympus nor Nikon bodies and
glass.

The Olympus 4/3 system is innovatve in its design, but ultimate image
quality is still limited by the smaller sensor size. Again, check any
camera review. Nikons are simply better.

My experience with Oly p&s cameras tells me that they are ok, but not
up to the quality of the Canon Powershot series.