Old August 13th 04, 02:25 AM
Apteryx

Default anyone know of a camera that can with stand drops?

"James" wrote in message
do you know of a camera that can take drops every so often. im looking

for
somthing quite durable.

In the 70's there was the story of the climber in the Himalayas who
dropped his Nikon F over a 10,000 foot cliff, and wrote a letter of
complaint to Nikon that when recovered, the camera would function on
only one shutter speed.

Presumably apocryphal, but underlining the point that old Nikons were
expected to take a fair amount of damage. If I dropped my Nikon F2 onto
my concrete path, I might worry a bit about the lens, but I would also
worry about the concrete.

--
Apteryx
Treat anger like gold. Spend it wisely or not at all.