Old January 15th 18, 10:17 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Eco Clean

Default Make 12x18" signs at home on 8.5x11" B&W laser printer

- Big Al wrote:

but if you output to raster which is what to do when you create a bitmap
JPG or BMP. You will get a ragged-edge pixelated image

But can't you lessen that by changing the dpi to something like 600
instead of the 72dpi most images are for screen resolution?

If that's true (and Jonathan is the one to answer whether it's true), being
practical, *where* would you raise the DPI value?

In Powerpoint *before* you save as a BMP?
Or in Irfanview *after* you read in the BMP?
Or in Posterazor, the *tiling* program?

I presume in PPT, so I can look for a setting in PPT to change the DPI of a
saved image (does that setting even exist in ppt?).