Old April 25th 14, 08:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
YouDontNeedToKnowButItsNoëlle

Default DIY stabilizer

Le 22/04/14 17:54, PeterN a écrit :
On 4/22/2014 5:43 AM, YouDontNeedToKnowButItsNoëlle wrote:
Le 21/04/14 22:01, PeterN a écrit :

When hand holding (a tele lens,) I remove the tripod collar to reduce
the weight. I also turn off VR for my bird shooting.

I guess your birds are moving so you prefer high speed and fast
focusing.

Noëlle Adam

Yup!

My people on stage are moving, too, but I am glad they dont move so fast
as birds. 1/160 s is my own limit where I can stay steady with this
lense (that does not focus very fast). But more or less it is also the
limit where the people on stage are decently still even when moving.
Depends, dancers are terrible...But also some comedians.
Since the stage is dark, I cannot use faster speeds even with high isos.

Noëlle Adam