Old April 15th 07, 09:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
GMan

Default Nikon Coolpix S500

I picked up one of these new Nikon P & S cameras about three weeks ago.
Purchased online for $239.00/US. Although I've only snapped about 300 shots
so far, I have a good opinion of it, but have many more photos to shoot in
testing all of it's features. This is the 7.1 MegaPixel model that has the
optical VR (Vibration Reduction) and shoots up to ISO 2000. Very small size
(smaller than a pack of cigarettes, and only about 4oz. in weight. I am a
complete amateur regarding photography and this camera is producing photos
that make me feel like a Pro. The portraits are incredible. Very easy to
use.

Just wondering if anyone else has one & if so, what do you think? Love it?
Hate it?

Here's Nikon's web page for this camera.
http://nikonimaging.com/global/produ...s500/index.htm