Old January 29th 06, 04:53 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default Recommendations?

DSLR batteries last forever. One extra is plenty for a weekend
backpacking trip shooting all day long, maybe overkill.

BernieM wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Howdy.

I'm looking for a small camera to take with me on the road (line haul
trucking, to be exact). I might take my digital (I know, anathema to
this group), but I'd just as soon take a 35mm camera.

I'm aiming for general use - some landscapes, some people, whatever
catches my eye when I'm NOT behind the wheel. Think of it as a PJ
exercise.

Ideally, it should fit in a coat pocket and not weigh too too much.
I'm considering a new Voigtlander or perhaps a used G1 or maybe a used
Rollei 35 (I had one once and love it, but it died when I dropped it),
but I'm not set on anything. I just want to be able to have a chance
at catching those memorable images that pass me by.

Suggestions? FWIW, I hate non-standard batteries (I managed to buy AA
batteries in the middle of nowhere in Uganda - try that with something
nonstandard) and love manual settings.

Jeff

Just wanted to make a suggestion regarding your comment on not wanting
non-standard batteries. Just consider that the non-standard ones are
typically smaller than their 'standard' counterparts so are easier to store
ie. keep a spare set. I just though of that due to having just replaced the
CR2's in my SLR which had a use by date of 2015.

BernieM

--
Paul Furman
http://www.edgehill.net/1