Old March 24th 13, 11:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Robert Coe

Default Food for thought, camera access to events

On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 16:47:36 -0400, Bowser wrote:
: On Thu, 21 Mar 2013 21:08:10 -0400, Robert Coe wrote:
:
: On Thu, 21 Mar 2013 17:22:37 -0700 (PDT), RichA wrote:
: : This has happened to me. DSLR no-no, while people snap away happily
: : with 8 meg iPhones and the like. A Sony NEX could be a life-saver
: : here. Even more so, the m4/3 gear because of the smallness of most
: : lenses.
: :
: : http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/51130854
:
: Maybe we need to be more assertive. "I have a ticket, and it says nothing
: about cameras. If you want to make an issue of it, you can call the police;
: I'll call the press, and my lawyer, and the City Licensing Bureau, and my
: State Representative, etc., etc." My guess is that they'll cave more often
: than not.
:
:
: My ticket to last night's hockey game at the Garden did say it, but I
: waltzed in with a camera bag anyway. Nobody even batted an eyelash.

Would you have waltzed in as easily with your 5D and a 70-200?

Bob