Old April 17th 06, 10:02 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default scanning negs & slides...

"Kernix" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a Minolta Dimage 35mm film scanner and I end up having to do a
lot of work in Photoshop to remove the dust specs. Without building a
clean room of sorts, does anyone have any tips on how to reduce the
amount of dust on my shots?

Thanks,
Jim

http://www.polaroid.com/service/soft...r/poladsr.html
Polaroid's free dust and scratch removal. I used to use this before I
picked up a scanner with D-ICE. Scanning film, most of my dust shows up
white. Applying the above tool would clean up the dust, but also muck up
any highlights. So then I'd take my undo tool and bring the highlights
back. Really worked pretty well in most cases, and could shave 15 minutes
off of a 20 min. healing brush jaunt.

Matt Clara
www.mattclara.com